When running a website, you need to make the best decisions to optimize it successfully. It is possible when you have accurate data. Which web analytics software will give you precise user behavioral data? What tool will help you dig deeper into site errors?
Lucky Orange has gained some attention, but it has its limitations. In this article, we’ll evaluate the top five Lucky Orange alternatives so you can assess them and quickly figure out the one that suits your web analytics needs. We will explain what you can expect from Lucky Orange alternatives, including additional features you won’t get from Lucky Orange.
One such alternative is FullSession, our website analytics software that helps organizations, marketers, UX, and product teams monitor how users interact with websites and landing pages. It enables you to optimize your website for better performance and increase conversion rates. You can sign up for free and gain actionable insights to build a seamless customer experience.
Let’s begin by defining Lucky Orange and highlighting some of its shortcomings.
What is Lucky Orange?
Image source: BigCommerce
Lucky Orange is a web analytics solution tool that helps you analyze customer behavior and learn the causes of funnel drop-offs. With Lucky Orange, you can monitor user clicks, mouse movements, and web pages with the highest traffic via its session recordings tool. You can also watch how users interact with dynamic web elements like menus and forms via its dynamic heatmaps.
Lucky Orange helps support teams, marketers, UX professionals, and solo entrepreneurs who aim to fix specific web issues and improve their web conversion rates.
If you want to know how Lucky Orange compares to Hotjar, you can check out our comparison article on Lucky Orange vs Hotjar.
How does Lucky Orange work?
Lucky Orange tracks your site’s activity using a code snippet that you can install on your site without any coding experience.
The web analytics solution has a suite of conversion rate optimization tools that offer specific functionality. They include:
- Session recordings
- Dynamic heatmaps
- Conversion funnels
- Live chat
- Customer profiles
- Form analytics
- Live view
What are Lucky Orange pros?
Here are some of the advantages of Lucky Orange:
- Lucky Orange is easy to deploy, and it offers a wide range of tools that’ll help you dive deep into user behavior and actions
- Lucky Orange provides an analytics dashboard that lets you track specific traffic sources and critical metrics for your campaigns
What are Lucky Orange cons?
Here are some of the limitations of Lucky Orange:
- Lucky Orange can be expensive for startups with a limited budget
- Some users report that the software slows down a site’s loading time
- Lucky Orange doesn’t offer an intuitive UI which can be confusing, especially if you don’t have technical experience
Lucky Orange pricing
Lucky Orange offers a free plan that lets you track one website with up to 500 pageviews/month. The paid plans are divided into five, each offering a free trial. The plans include
- Starter—costs $9/month and lets you track one website with up to 25,000 pageviews/month
- Small business—costs $18/month and lets you track three websites with up to 60,000 pageviews/month
- Medium—costs $45/month and lets you track eight websites with up to 200,000 pageviews/month
- Large—costs $90/month and lets you track 16 websites with up to 500,000 pageviews/month
- Enterprise—offers a customized plan, so you’d have to contact sales for more information
The top 5 Lucky Orange alternatives in 2022
After in-depth research, we have compiled a list of the following tools as the top five Lucky Orange alternatives:
Continue reading to learn more about these Lucky Orange alternatives, their features, benefits, and pricing.
FullSession is a web analytics solution that helps businesses understand how customers and visitors interact with dynamic website elements via automatic event tracking and heatmap tools.
With FullSession, you can track customer engagement data, spot friction points, and quickly figure out solutions to optimize your site’s conversion rate.
Currently, FullSession is yet to receive user feedback on popular review websites.
Who uses it?
FullSession is built for web designers, product managers, UX/UI researchers, and digital marketers. We are also popular in the e-commerce sector.
FullSession is a cloud and web-based platform. Our tool starts tracking user activity data once you install the snippet code on your site.
FullSession offers a rich set of features that provides actionable insights into customer behavior and actions. The features include
- Session recording and replay—lets you study customer actions such as mouse movements, clicks, and form fills in real-time.
- Interactive heatmaps—to monitor how visitors and customers interact with dynamic web elements like call-to-action buttons, form fields, drop-down menus, and more.
- Customer feedback—to ask customers about their digital experience in real-time.
- Insights—to visualize user engagement data. You’ll see this feature in the FullSession dashboard.
What makes this tool unique
FullSession provides advanced filtering options to help you identify specific customer events in a session recording, so you can analyze friction points and make changes to boost conversions.
It also lets you analyze user events and funnel drop-outs via its insights tool.
If you want an in-depth guide on how FullSession compares to other session recording platforms, you can check out our comparison article on Hotjar, Crazy Egg, MouseFlow, and FullStory.
With FullSession, you can connect with popular marketing platforms like Shopify, Big Commerce, Wix, and WordPress.
You can get support via email, tickets, and live chat.
FullSession doesn’t offer a free version, but we offer a free trial for two premium packages—Basic and Business. The Basic plan costs $39/month with 3000 monthly sessions. The Business plan costs $99 with 5000 monthly sessions. We also provide a customized pricing package if your business has specific analytics needs.
Here are some of the advantages of using FullSession:
- FullSession provides a central UX analytics platform that enables cross-functional teams to visualize customer engagement data, collaborate, and share ideas that drive positive business impact
- FullSession lets you study user activity data without slowing down your website performance
- With FullSession, you don’t lose key customer events. Our software provides always-on visitor recordings that show you what every customer does on your site
Here are some of the limitations of FullSession:
- While our analytics software lets you spot friction points, it still lacks some features like conversion funnels and retention tables
- FullSession doesn’t track mobile app usage
Source: G2 Crowd
LiveSession is a web analytics software that enables you to track how users and website visitors interact with specific web elements via session replay and heatmap tools. With LiveSession, you can visualize the user journey, track events that lead to conversions, and use the insight to achieve your conversion goals.
According to Capterra, LiveSession scores 4.6 out of 5 based on 28 user reviews.
Who uses it?
LiveSession primarily targets e-commerce brands, UX designers, product managers, customer service, and development teams that quickly want to spot web glitches and make product improvements.
LiveSession is a web-based, cloud, and SaaS platform, and you can deploy it by adding its snippet code to your website.
LiveSession offers numerous features that provide insight into your users’ actions and find bottlenecks in the user journey. These features fall into two categories—web analytics and conversion rate optimization, and they include:
- Session replay
- Click and heat maps
- Dev tools
What makes this tool unique?
LiveSession offers a user journey tool that lets you watch and analyze how users behave at every stage of the buying journey. With this feature, you can identify when users add a product to a cart, or experience issues with your site UI.
What’s more, LiveSesssion provides an engagement score that lets you skip user inactivity and focus on events that significantly impact your conversion rate.
With LiveSession, you can connect with popular customer support and analytics tools like Intercom, LiveChat, Drift, Segment, and Google Analytics. LiveSession also integrates with e-commerce platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce.
LiveSession provides support via email, tickets, live chat, knowledge base, and phone.
LiveSession offers a free plan that lets you track up to 1000 sessions/month. Its paid plan is divided into three with a 14-day free trial:
- Basic—costs $65/month and lets you track 5000 sessions/month
- Pro—costs $99/month and lets you track 10,000 sessions/month
- Enterprise—offers a custom plan that starts from 100,000 sessions/month
Here are some of the advantages of LiveSession:
- With LiveSession, you gain access to segments and filtering options that let you build conversion funnels
- LiveSession is easy to deploy and offers an intuitive UI
Here are some of the disadvantages of LiveSession:
- LiveSession lacks an analytics report where you visualize user engagement data
- The software doesn’t let you filter a session recording by events
Image source: BloggersIdeas
Inspectlet is a user behavioral analytics solution that lets you observe how website visitors and customers engage with your site via session recording, funnel analytics, and heatmap visualization tools.
With Inspectlet, you can see where website visitors and customers click, keypress and scroll on your site.
What’s more, you can spot which “buy now” button is driving the most conversions and how far visitors are scrolling down your site’s page.
According to Capterra, Inspectlet scores 3.9 out of 5 based on 28 user reviews.
Who uses it?
Inspectlet is a good option for e-commerce brands, marketing, and product teams.
Inspectlet offers a web analytics solution that includes features like:
What makes this tool unique
Inspectlet provides a funnel analytics tool to visualize how customers interact with specific web elements, including areas that lead to funnel drop-offs. For instance, you can watch a session recording of a user that added a product to a cart but never completed the purchase.
Inspectlet offers integrations with e-commerce platforms like Shopify and E-bay. It also integrates with marketing platforms like HubSpot, Google Tag Manager, Squarespace, and more.
You can contact Inspectlet for support via email, phone, chat, or visit the knowledge base.
Inspectlet offers a free version that lets you track up to 2500 sessions/month. Its paid plans are divided into five, namely:
- Micro—costs $39/month including 10,000 sessions/month
- Startup—costs $79/month including 25,000 sessions/month
- Growth—costs $149/month including 50,000 sessions/month
- Accelerate—costs $299/month including 125,000 sessions/month
- Enterprise—costs $499/month including 250,000 sessions/month
Here are some advantages of Inspectlet:
- Inspectlet provides a user-friendly interface with a minimal need for technical expertise
- With Inspectlet, you can monitor your website traffic and analyze how users engage with your product in real-time
Here are some of the disadvantages of Inspectlet:
- Some customers complain that the platform has some bug issues that slow down the dashboard’s loading time
- The pricing for the premium version is high if you need to track more than one website
Source: G2 Crowd
Crazy Egg is a web analytics tool that helps you analyze the customer journey, get a more precise picture of your website traffic sources, and identify and fix errors preventing your site’s visitors from converting.
According to Capterra, the analytics platform scores 4.5 out of 5 based on 74 user reviews.
Who uses it
Crazy Egg is designed for small businesses, product teams, digital agencies, marketing teams, e-commerce companies, and businesses in the educational sector.
Crazy Egg is a web-based, cloud, and SaaS platform. Once you install its code snippet on your site, the platform starts tracking your customer activity data.
Crazy Egg offers numerous web analytics tools that help you make an informed decision to improve your site conversion rate and customer experience. Some of the software’s key features include
- Video recordings
- A/B testing
- Traffic analysis
- Behavioral analytics
- Error tracking
What makes this tool unique
Crazy Egg can help you identify essential web elements that negatively affect your site performance. For instance, you can use its heat map and session recording tool to see where users are trying to click and the areas they don’t click so you can use the insight to improve your site performance.
What’s more, you can use its traffic analysis tool to analyze your website traffic and compare the performance of each referring traffic channel.
Crazy Egg integrates with popular platforms you can find in your marketing tech stack like Segment, Google Tag Manager, Magento, Shopify, Wix, WordPress, and more.
You can contact the support team via email, phone, and chat. The web analytics solution also provides access to FAQs and a knowledge base.
Crazy Egg doesn’t offer a free plan, but it offers five premium packages with a 30-day trial.
Here are the pricing details for each plan:
- Basic—costs $29/month and lets you track 100 session recordings per month
- Standard—costs $49/month and lets you track 500 session recordings per month
- Plus—costs $99/month and lets you track 1000 per month
- Pro—costs $249/month and lets you track 5000 sessions per month
- Enterprise—offers a customized plan
Here are some advantages of using Crazy Egg:
- The setup process is easy, and it doesn’t require any technical expertise
- You can use the heatmap and click map tool to understand where customers experience friction in the buying process
Here are some of the limitations of Crazy Egg:
- You’d have to set up the tracking code on individual pages when using Crazy Egg. It can be time-consuming, especially if you have many web pages to monitor.
- If you run a startup or small-mid-sized business with a small budget, the premium pricing for Crazy Egg becomes more expensive as you scale
Source: Software Advice
Clicktale is a customer experience analytics platform that allows you to track customer behavior and interaction via session replays, funnel analytics, and heatmap tools. With ClickTale, you can analyze your website or mobile app to understand better the “why” behind customer behavior and spot friction in the customer journey.
On Capterra, ClickTale scores 4 out of 5 based on 7 user reviews.
Who uses it
ClickTale is a good option for e-commerce, telecommunication, insurance, marketing, and finance companies. UX designers and product managers also use ClickTale for app analytics purposes.
ClickTale is a web-based, SaaS, and cloud platform. You can deploy this software once you install its code snippet on your site.
ClickTale provides a wide range of web analytics tools. Some of its core features include
- Session replay
- Customer journey analysis
- Struggle analysis
What makes this tool unique
ClickTale lets you visualize how visitors and customers move at every stage of the buying journey. You can use its live metrics to understand how visitors interact with specific web pages without leaving your browser.
ClickTale lets you integrate with marketing tools like Google Analytics, Heap, Intercom, LiveChat, and more.
Customer support is one area in which the analytics platform falls short. It provides support via FAQs and a knowledge base.
Unlike Lucky orange, ClickTale doesn’t provide transparent pricing on its website. You’d have to contact sales for a custom quote based on your analytics needs.
Here are some advantages of using ClickTale:
- ClickTale provides an analytics report that lets you pinpoint areas that cause funnel drop-offs
- With its zone-based heatmaps, you can get a better understanding of how specific customer segments interact with your website and mobile apps
Here are some of the disadvantages of using ClickTale:
- While ClickTale provides numerous customer behavioral features, using some of its components can slow down your site
- The web analytics software can be expensive to use, especially if you own a small business with a tight budget
Lucky Orange alternatives: A short overview
So far, we’ve explained the key features of the top five lucky orange alternatives. Here’s a short overview table to help you grasp the functionality of each software.
|Real-time session recording||✔||✘||✔||✘||✔|
|Analysis of dynamic elements||✔||✘||✔||✘||✘|
|Customer feedback and surveys||✔||✘||✔||✔||✔|
|Funnels and conversions||✘||✔||✘||✘||✘|
|Custom event tracking||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Lucky Orange alternatives: The verdict
There you have it! We hope this article has provided the answers you need in your web analytics journey. Undoubtedly, the five Lucky Orange alternatives explained above have critical features that the Lucky Orange platform lacks.
FullSession stands as an excellent solution for your website optimization. Our analytics software is well-priced and offers a rich set of features to help you spot hidden customer behaviors, and friction areas in your marketing or sales funnel.
Moreover, FullSession lets you understand why customers take specific actions via its surveys and feedback tool, so you don’t have to rely on guesswork.
Try FullSession for free
Test FullSession today to see how it helps you optimize your website performance with session recordings and replays, interactive heatmaps, customer feedback forms, and advanced analytics. Sign up for free to gain instant insight into your customer activity and behavior.
Lucky Orange alternatives: FAQ
Is Lucky Orange good?
Yes, Lucky Orange is good. Its analytics platform helps small, and large companies understand customer behavior.
What does Lucky Orange do?
Lucky Orange monitors customer activity like clicks, mouse movements, and scrolls via session recording and dynamic heatmap tools. You can segment a session recording by user events, device type, OS, and more.